You’re the Expert!
At SWSM we recognise that you’re the expert in your field of work – if you aren’t it’s unlikely that you’ll have established an effective organisation. Our role is to work in partnership with employers to ensure that the working arrangements have given due regard to the health & safety of all those that may be affected – not just employees but also visitors, customers etc..
Safe Working is No Accident – it is the result of effective management processes.
Your Safety Management System provides an organisational structure for ensuring that everyone goes home unharmed. So whether you’re a manufacturer, an electrician or a Veterinary Surgeon we’re not going to tell you how to undertake your work; our role is to
- identify concerns and discuss whether there are safer alternatives,
- assess and monitor the working area/practices,
- demonstrate that you have endeavoured to establish suitable control measures,
- have regard to relevant Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance,
- suggest/discuss ways to reduce risk.
Because we focus on your management system SWSM supports a wide range of organisations including;
- Care providers
- Manufacturers – food & drink, electrical,
- Wood and stone workers
- Motor trade
- Contractors – cleaning, plumbing, electrical,
- Veterinary Surgeons
Other pages describe the support provided to particular sectors.